Thursday, July 14, 2011

Periles of Pauline

There is a lot of things I just don't understand in this world.
Even though my education was half hearted at best, I guess I shouldn't
complain too much. How does a thermos know to keep something cold or hot?
Seems to me it would need a switch so you could select what you wanted it to
do. My brother said it might be digital. After all he worked at Sears,
putting batteries in cars, I figured he should know.
          I don't understand how well thought of people in the community
can be so callous. When my High School principal told my Mother that I stood
a good chance of ending up in Incarceration, I thought his laughing about it
was quite out of order. I guess it shows how even with his high education
level, it still didn't keep him from enjoying pointing out my shortcomings.
In my family shortcomings is something we don't laugh about, though I'm told
multitudes do. I ask my Mother why our family had such SHORT COMINGS, She
said it had something to do with living so far South. I'll explain that
someday.
         I don't understand why people pay marriage councilors. My wife
carried me to a marriage councilor and he told me to spill my heart and soul
out to him, so he could get to the root of my problems. I figured with all
his training he had to take a lot of courses in sympathy, and how to lift
the spirits of the down trodden and misunderstood. I figured that's why
people paid for his opinion. So I told him every thing about my life, why my
reputation was so tarnished, and pityful. He told me, I should be ashamed of
myself. If that's what councilors are paid to do.
I owe half the people in town money.  The therapist told me to list every
thing I enjoyed in life and go do them, and I would feel better.
That didn't work out so good either, many were against the law, some were a
sin, or worst of all most would make me FAT. I didn't go
back..................................tom

No comments:

Post a Comment