Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sluffing

Don't ever read the possible side effects on a medicine bottle. Do
people really need to be warned that if their face starts sluffing off and
persist, you might want to call your doctor. The very first stage of
sluffing, and I will be letting the whole countryside know. My wife decided
I needed my own cell phone. We got me one, the purchase went something like
this.
"He doesn't need any minutes, I will be calling him". "We don't sell
plans without minutes". "Then he needs the least minutes you have and it
needs to ring loud". Ring-ring. "It needs to be louder". "We'll try that".
Got in my truck my phone won't ring, back to store. "This phone won't ring".
"It rung here in the store". " I know that I heard it, it just won't ring in
my truck". "Let me call it again". Ring-ring. "Maybe you called wrong
number". "I know what the number is". Back in truck. "Call me with your
phone". Phone won't ring. Back to store. "This phone only rings here in this
store, I can't come here every time I need to be called ". "It rang fine
awhile ago when you were here". " I know I heard it, but it won't ring in my
truck". "Here you the hold the phone, I will call you". Phone won't ring now
in the store. "Phone must be closed up to ring". Didn't know phones have to
be closed to ring, do now. She should have thought of that when she sold me
this thing. If I get a call it's my wife, no one knows my number, suits me.

My memory data bank has about expired too. My wife says the more I
can forget my past the better I ought to feel.

Tom's Daylily Page <http://www.tomsdaylilies.com>
Tom's Blog <http://tomstalkin.blogspot.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment